Contact Centre Team Leader
SSP Health operates and manages 40+ GP practice sites in the North West. We are currently delivering a new Contact Centre to answer calls for our practices. The Contact Centre aims to provide an enhanced general practice appointment booking service to NHS patients through the use of technology and our Contact Centre.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team Management: Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Centralised Care Navigator team, ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing shift rotations, and ensuring coverage during peak times.
- Performance Management: Monitor and evaluate the performance of individual team members, providing feedback, coaching, and development opportunities as needed.
- Training and Development: Identify training needs within the team and coordinate training sessions to ensure all team members are well-equipped to perform their duties.
- Quality Assurance: Implement and maintain quality assurance measures to ensure high standards of service. Monitor and review calls and patient interactions for quality assurance purposes.
- Process Improvement: Continuously evaluate and optimize workflows and processes to increase efficiency and improve patient experience. Implement best practices in care navigation.
- Reporting: Prepare regular reports on team performance, call volume metrics, patient feedback, and other relevant KPIs for management review.
- Stakeholder Communication: Liaise with other departments, including clinical teams, to ensure smooth inter-departmental collaboration and optimal patient care.
- Issue Resolution: Handle escalated patient complaints or concerns, ensuring timely and satisfactory resolution.
- Resource Management: Manage resources, including software tools, equipment, and workspace, ensuring that the team has everything they need to operate effectively.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: Minimum of A-level or equivalent education. A degree in management or a related field would be advantageous.
- Experience: Proven experience in a supervisory or management role, preferably within a call centre or healthcare setting.
- Leadership: Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire, and manage a team.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- IT Skills: Proficient in using computer systems, with experience in using call centre or patient management software.
- Decision Making: Strong decision-making abilities with the capability to evaluate complex situations and determine the best course of action.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills:
- Healthcare Knowledge: Understanding of NHS primary care services and healthcare systems.
- Training Skills: Experience in training or mentoring staff.
- Strategic Thinker: Ability to see the bigger picture and plan for both short-term and long-term goals.
- Problem-Solving: Proactive approach to identifying and addressing challenges.
- Empathy: Understands and values the patient perspective and ensures it is central to decision-making.
- Adaptability: Ability to handle changes in a fast-paced environment and lead the team through them.
£23,000-£27,000 per year
Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wigan, WN3 5AZ: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Interested? Please fill out the form below, attaching your CV/Resume.