We are seeking a dedicated, hands-on Project Manager with experience in the healthcare industry to join our growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for the initiation, planning, execution, control, and closure of healthcare-related projects. This role requires a unique blend of healthcare industry understanding, a keen focus on time management, and excellent communication skills.
SSP Health is the largest GP business in the North with over 400 staff, 100 doctors and practices in over 45 locations. We streamline practice management processes through our centralised support services to enable GPs, nurses and practice teams to focus on delivering the best quality healthcare for their patients how and when they want it.
We are able to offer unique and flexible services such as minor surgery and specialist clinics which offer convenient, closer to home and rapid access for patients, who would otherwise need to wait for a hospital appointment. Rising to the challenges caused by reducing healthcare resource, particularly GPs, our mission is to drive efficiencies and innovation in general practice to deliver sustainable healthcare for the future.
SSP is in the process of rolling its model out nationally as existing GP surgeries join the group, as well as securing new contracts through tenders and growing specialist services to support the challenges of healthcare provision. We also have transformation agenda which includes testing and rolling out new models of care, new technologies and other change in support of NHS plans.
- Support the Head of Transformation and the wider SSP Health team to ensure that the programme of work is planned and managed effectively and be a key part of the team to ensure successful delivery.
- Deputising for the Head of Transformation when required.
- Manage and execute healthcare-related projects from the planning stage through to final delivery.
- Coordinate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all aspects of the projects are aligned with the organisational goals.
- Perform risk management to minimise and manage project risks and escalate as necessary.
- Prepare and present progress reports to the senior management team.
- Oversee the quality assurance process to ensure the delivered projects meet the highest standards.
- Manage project budgets, ensuring all work is delivered on time and within budget.
- Follow all UK healthcare regulations and guidelines throughout the project management process.
For a full job description/person specification, click the button below.
- Degree or equivalent experience.
- Project management experience
- Healthcare sector experience, ideally in primary care, is desirable.
- Prince2 Practitioner certification or equivalent is desirable.
- Knowledge of UK healthcare regulations and standards. Primary care (General Practice) experience would be advantageous.
- Proficient in project management software and MS Office suite.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our organisation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, outlining your experience and why you are a suitable candidate for this position, to Ryan Astley at email@example.com
Please note, only candidates who are eligible to work in the UK will be considered for this role.